ELC Child Care Assistant
The afternoon child care worker assists the classroom teachers in all aspects of the room to help provide a secure and loving environment for children with special responsibilities that are unique to the afternoon hours.
-Supervising the children, maintaining their health and safety
-Help create a secure, warm, and accepting environment
-Communicate with Lead teacher and other employees
-Communicate in a positive manner with the children and parents at pick up
-Take special precautions in checking that the proper person is picking up the child at the end of the day
-Room closing responsibilities
-Make sure parents take home school communications, reports, and child belongings.
-Participate in appropriate trainings and staff meetings
-Good attendance is required including limited tardiness
Please send resume to ELC Director, Whitney Wrightsel.
1st Grade Teacher
We are seeking an innovative and licensed 1st Grade teacher to join our growing team at New Hope Christian Academy for the 2019-2020 school year! Our teachers are hardworking and enthusiastic with excellent subject knowledge and a great understanding of Ohio’s state standards. The staff are required to teach all assigned content subject areas pertinent to their particular grade level that are aligned with the Ohio Department of Education curriculum standards, as well as provide instruction in Bible. Our teachers are also given the privilege and responsibility to challenge students and show them the compassion and love of Christ throughout the year through discipleship. The applicant must be a motivated individual with an interest in inspiring and encouraging students to love learning and to excel in all subject areas.
Responsibilities and Duties
Job Responsibilities are as follows but not limited to:
- Serve as a role model for all students for ethical, moral and Christian values espoused by the New Hope Christian Academy purpose, strategic vision, and core values.
- Possess an expertise in a variety of disciplines and teaching strategies.
- Responsible for daily lesson planning and instruction in the classroom aligned with the school’s stated philosophy, academic standards, objectives and purpose.
- Advocate for the student and have excellent communication skills to provide the required feedback and information to the student and family to ensure maximization of student potential.
- Supervise students in all areas of contact. The teacher is expected to implement an effective classroom management system and be cognizant of all rules and regulations that govern the school and are in accordance with the prescribed student handbook policies.
- Attend all staff meetings
- Work closely and collaboratively with other teachers and support staff
- Communicate effectively with the Principal and Administration
- Be infectious in their love of learning
- Demonstrate a passion for helping others learn and succeed
- Classroom Experience preferred
- PreK-3 Licensure from the State of Ohio or equivalent
- Clear BCI/FBI Background Check
Kim Shepherd, Elementary Principal
Requires a Bachelor's degree and background check. Please inquire in the school office for an application.