Greetings to each of you! This is my first communication to as your Interim K-5 Principal. I am excited to know that we serve a God who loves and cares for our school and students and will continue to provide for us as we make this administrative transition.
● Congratulations to all of our students who participated in ACSI District Speech Meet this past Saturday!
● Open Enrollment has begun and we are meeting new families daily who have heard great things about NHCA in and around our local community. Thank you so much for promoting our school.
● Please check with the office to purchase bracelets for $2 to support the Sandy Family.
● Yearbook Orders due THIS FRIDAY, March 17th. Order forms available in the office.
● There will be no school on Monday, March 20, for teacher professional development.
● All families are invited to attend Tragedy into Triumph next week (March 19 through 22). Each evening will feature the JJ Weeks band and a guest speaker beginning at 7:30 pm each night. Child care is provided free of charge.
○ Sunday: Erin Merryn (Story behind Erin’s Law)
○ Monday: Deion Sanders (NFL Hall of Famer)
○ Tuesday: HK Derry Berry & Jim Bradford (Overcoming Disabilities)
○ Wednesday: Rebekah Gregory (Was present at the Boston Marathon Attack)
I can tell you that this event is always full of powerful stories, hope to see you there!
● Save the Date: April 1st, 2017. PTF Spaghetti Dinner and Auction. (See Statesmen Newsletter Communications for more information.) Please look for information from your child/children’s teacher about helping to fill a basket.
● Grandparents’ Day will be on Friday, April 7, for students in grades K-8. Formal invitations and RSVP forms will be sent home on Friday. ALL students (grades K-12) will have an early release at noon that day. Because of the early release, lunch will only be provided for students who are staying for afternoon Adventure Club.
● I appreciate so much your prayers during this transition period and want to continue the tradition of the principal praying for students and parents. If there is a specific way I can pray for you or your family, please let me know. I would be honored to so do!
● 2016-17 NHCA Statesmen “C” #4 Collaboration #Collaboration
Working together is something we do very well within our STEAM design model. Although we have developed this skill, it is something we want to continue to cultivate in all of our learners, including our staff. We will work at every level to develop a community of collaboration. We want to work very hard to include more parents and community members in this endeavor. Striving for excellence is a group activity!
3 I thank my God every time I remember you. 4 In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy 5 because of your partnership in the gospel f rom the first day until now, 6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
Mrs. Shepherd | Interim K-5 Principal