- Thanks to each of you who has contributed to Teacher Appreciation Week! We are so
blessed as a staff by your generosity. It’s not too late if you haven’t yet sent a note or e-mail
to your child’s teacher to express your gratitude for the hard work they do each and every
- Open Enrollment continues! Our next open house will be this June 5, at 6:00pm. We
would love for you to invite a family who is interested in NHCA!
- If you have not yet re-enrolled, please log on to Parentsweb as soon as possible and submit
your information. This is a tremendous help to us in planning for next year.
- “Prayer Warrior” yard signs are available in the school office. We would love for you to pick
one up to help us spread the word about all that God is doing at NHCA!
- Any students who have been accepted to OCU for next year should plan to attend the
advising session on Thursday, May 11, at 9:30. Students will participate in the mandatory
advising meeting and then have the opportunity to turn in registration paperwork.
Registration information will be given in an e-mail ahead of the May 11 meeting.
- Upcoming Events:
- May 11: Fine Arts Night
- May 12: Two-Hour Late Start
- May 19: Baccalaureate and Class of 2017 Awards Night
- May 25: End of Year Awards celebrations
- May 26: Field Day (1pm release)
- May 27: Class of 2017 Commencement
- Fine Arts Night will be next Thursday, May 12. Viewing of artwork will begin at 6pm. K-4
students should report to their homeroom class at 6:30pm. 5-12 music students should
report to the music room at 7:15 with instruments ready to go. K-4 students need to wear
chapel uniform, and 5-12 students need to wear “Sunday best” (no jeans, flip flops, tennis
- We would love for you to join us on Thursday, May 25, for our End of Year Awards
celebrations. This year, Middle School Awards will be held at 8am, High School Awards
(grades 9-11) will be held at 12:30pm, and Elementary Awards will be held at 2:00pm. All
events will take place in the sanctuary.
- Please feel free to email or call us if you have a prayer request that you would like us to pray
for. We would be honored to do so!
- 2016-17 NHCA Statesmen 5 C’s to Success
Compassion and consideration for others with be our spiritual backbone, while academic
rigor and pursuit of knowledge with be our lifeblood. The desire to see our students achieve
more will be our motivation to go above and beyond the norm. While we have made huge
strides in academic areas, we will continue develop our curriculum to not only meet but
exceed state and national standards. By retaining and hiring highly skilled educators,
adhering to our goal of maintaining scripture-based education and by creating fair but
vigorous classroom expectations, NHCA will be preparing students to enter colleges that
will prepare them to succeed in highly competitive workplaces. Our students will continue
to shine above the rest!
Mrs. Kleon | Interim MS/HS Principal
Mrs. Shepherd | Interim K-5 Principal